The Mission of SON Valley is to operate a quality Christian Community for adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, ministering to their physical, spiritual, mental, vocational, and recreational needs.
Immediate opening for Community Living Director:
The Community Services Director (CLD) has the primary responsibility to insure that all residents in SON Valley apartments and houses are receiving the care that is required under the Medicaid Home and Community Based Services Waiver. The CLD is also responsible for the habilitation planning process for all residents and insures that the habilitation programs meet the individual needs of each resident. The incumbent in this position reports to and is under the supervision of the Executive Director.
Examples of Work to be Performed:
1. Provides direct supervision to all staff providing services to the residents in Community Living. This will primarily include first level Supervisors of the Resident Assistants (Direct Care Workers) assigned to the living facilities.
2. Directs and monitors all aspects of the operation of Community Services so that compliance with current Standards published by the Mississippi Department of Mental Health is met.
3. Insures that all Individual Service Plans (ISPs) are completed and implemented; that all areas of documentation are up to date; and that all regulatory requirements are covered.
4. Hires, trains and monitors additional staff as needed to provide excellent 24/7/365 service to all residents.
5. Works to locate additional Community Living locations and expand the area covered by SON Valley.
A Master’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in mental health or intellectual/developmental disabilities, or a related field and either (1) a professional license or (2) a DMH credential as a Mental Health Therapist or Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities Therapist.
Openings for Community Living Resident Assistants (DCW):
• Teach residents personal care;
• Teach housekeeping skills;
• Teach meal preparation;
• Supervise social and recreational activities;
• Write documentation of resident behaviors and activities;
• Provide assistance in implementing the residents’ Individual Service Plan (ISP);
• Inventory all clothing and other items belonging to the residents;
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
• E-mail resume to (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Campus Employment Opportunities
We currently have job openings for the following positions at the Canton campus location:
- PRN RN's, weekend shift LPN's and PRN LPN's E-mail resume to Sarah Stowers, RN
- Resident Assistant (Direct Care Worker) E-mail resume to Cassandra Washington